Monday, November 22, 2004

Sunny with cloudy periods, High -4

I really hate Mondays. For no reason, really. I don't work Monday-Friday. I work Friday - Sunday. So really, I should love Mondays.
Mondays are my Saturdays.
But service just didn't happen today. Again.
However, I did have a fantastic dream about a huge rabbit that could talk. She explained to me the benefits of an all-salad diet.

Last night was good. Another odd mixture of happenings.
I went to my meeting. Actually, it was quite an interesting meeting.
A man from Ottawa came to our congregation and gave a talk totally in American Sign Language and it was translated into English for us. It was so mesmerizing; he was such a good speaker. Uh, I mean signer. So many deaf people from in and around Calgary came in for it. The hall was packed - they added a whole bunch of extra chairs and I still had trouble finding a seat.

After the meeting, we couldn't decide what to do. I hate being an indecisive person. I finally invited Serena, Brandon and Blake over to my house for supper. Then some other people (Reid, Scott, Dean and Caleb) showed up to go go-karting. Ugh. That go-karting place by Crossroads is the most depressing and creepy place ever. Then we went for coffee (mmm... chai latte) and then back to my place.
Serena really wanted to go see The Take at the Uptown. I was worried that it would feed my already-anti-corporate tendencies. Maybe we'll go see it tonight.
When everyone left last night, I went to see if Nathan and Jay were still awake. They were. And Levi and his friends were still there. They hadn't bought their horse yet and were staying over again. So I hung out with them.

Which is why waking up this morning was so difficult.

Well, I'm off. I have to go get my passport photo taken.

1 comment:

erin said...

passport photo? what's that for? a little trip down to me-hee-ko perhaps? hm?