Wednesday, November 10, 2004

social engineer

Out in service today I was.
(Determined to not start the first sentence with 'I' I was.)
There was a lot of frantic following of Julie until about 2:30 - she walks really fast and I'm never quite sure where she's headed. She's really sweet though. Then I met up with Teresa for the evening.
It was cold today. Bitterly cold.
I came home half-way through the day to put on another three layers of clothing (who's jealous now, Erin? Oh, wait... still me).
It's that wind. I do not like that wind.

When I came home for my little break - to eat something and bundle up - I didn't have my key. And no one was home. So I broke into my house.
Later I found out that one of the doors was unlocked.

It was a really great day. It was cold and miserable outside but I felt good (I mean besides the fact that I was hurting from the cold... I guess it was more of an inner thing). I love those days when you can appreciate the little things.

Sounds like Jayce had a day like that too. Her car ran out of gas. Then later she got a flat tire.
But she did get to take a ride in a big yellow school bus (the man who stopped to help her went to get his car, only to realize that he didn't have a car today - only his bus) and she was pretty psyched about that.

Ahh, triumphs of the human spirit.

Yesterday was also good. I decided early on that I wasn't going to go out for coffee after the meeting because last week I didn't get home until one and Wednesday is a big service day.
But I went for coffee.
And I didn't regret it, which is always good.

This weekend:
Some friends from Fernie and area are coming up. Tanys got a new car so she's bringing Janet and Megan up for the weekend (unless the roads are bad). It will be good because I haven't seen Tanys since she got back from Paris.
I start work on Friday. Woo-hoo.
We're throwing a going-away party on Saturday for Reid I think (which is odd because he's not leaving until the end of the month. That would be fine but he has only lived in Calgary for two months so I think maybe we should wait for a couple of weeks).

Well, I'm off to bed. I'm exhausted and still a little cold.
And I start all over again at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow.

No comments: