Saturday, November 13, 2004

pedantic banter

My brain hurts.
This job is so odd. Other associates have been introducing me to customers as "the Bell expert".
How intimidating. And misleading.
Even though my wage is not commission-based, I really feel like I want to represent Bell well. I have no idea where these feelings of loyalty are coming from. It is quite frustrating feeling this inadequate. I'll get over it, I'm sure.
I just have one more shift, tomorrow, and then I have all week to research and hopefully I'll feel better equipped for next weekend.

In other news, Tanys left today. She came over last night after I got off work and we went out for drinks with a few other people. It was such a disjointed visit - I feel like we still didn't get to catch up.

Then tonight I decided that I am the worst friend ever.
Marion called and wanted to do something. I said I would call her back and then proceeded to curl up in the fetal position on my kitchen floor. She is an awesome person - really strong, and I admire her. But she is also very intense. I just wanted a mellow evening.
We ended up going for supper and then wandering around Chapters. It was fine. I think she sensed my lack of enthusiasm, though, and I feel really guilty. Next time I'll make it up to her.

I'm looking forward to sleeping so I'm going to get right on that.
Chao.

No comments: