Sunday, November 07, 2004

"A distorted reality is now a necessity to be free"

This fog is so... elusive.
Environment Canada's weather office has been forecasting "freezing drizzle" the past few days.
Maybe they just thought of that one - got sick of "mix of sun and cloud", "chance of flurries", "chance of showers", etc...
I rather like it. Freezing drizzle.

This weekend went rather well. Although I accidently slept in on Saturday. I was undecided on early-morning service, which made it all too easy to shut off my alarm at 6:30. The plan was to wake up for the 9:30 group, but that just didn't happen. Ah well.

I went out on Friday night with Serena and various others. Supposedly the Friday night get-togethers are going to be an on-going thing. I'll be working Friday nights for the next six weeks, though, so we'll see what happens.

My musical horizons have expanded as of late. No, not really. It's not like I've decided to tune into Vibe 98.5 [*shudders*].
Rather, I have discovered new names in my familiar ridiculously mellow genre. I've been listening to Sufjan Stevens, Mercury Rev and Idaho. Hayden's "Skyscraper National Park" is mostly new to me because I just got it. Oh, and right now I'm listening to Elliott Smith's new album (released post-suicide) "From a Basement on the Hill".
Mmmm... good music.

I'm reading a really great book too - Brave New World (by Aldous Huxley). It was written in the 'thirties. I was thinking that it was reminiscent of Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 and George Orwell's 1984, but really, it's the other way around since they were written in the 'fifties.
Anyway, all three are of a similar tone.
Perhaps I should lay off the conspiracy books for a while.

No comments: