Wednesday, November 17, 2004

streetlights at dusk

T'was an evening of juxtaposition, as Serena would say.
We ordered in large quantities of East Indian food, drank red wine, listened to Bjork and weird seventies music, and watched "The Way We Were" (Streisand and Redford TOGETHER!).
Juxtaposition, indeed.

Prior to this, I spent eight hours out in service. It was deceivingly sunny out today. It looked so warm out, but that wind was pure evil.
Or maybe it has something to do with my stubborn refusal to start wearing a winter jacket. Yeah, that could definitely be it.

I am also having a hard time adjusting to this new time. I know it has been several weeks now but I have two alarm clocks (one on either side of my bed), one of which is still set to daylight savings time, that keeps my constantly aware of this shift. I know there are plenty of places that don't use daylight savings at all but has anyone tried staying on daylight savings time? It would be neat to, as an individual, refuse to go off DST for a whole year. Well, I think so, anyway. It gets dark much too early these days.

Au revoir.

2 comments:

erin said...

it's posts like this that remind me how much i love you. i'd stubbornly refuse to follow dst with you, just cause you're crazy enough to think of it. and your evening of juxtaposition sounds like it was absolutely lovely.

Serena said...

oh, those memories... We must do another juxtaposition!! indeed..