Tuesday, October 12, 2004

elk lake serenade

Not a whole lot to report here.
I went out in service until 3.30 today. My afternoon was spent with the ASL group doing deaf service. Driving all over the city like that reminds me of my old days with the Vietnamese congregation. We went all the way down to Douglasdale, then to Westhills and at some point we were in Marda Loop and Altadore. It is tempting to get involved with the group. But, then again, I left Vietnamese to improve my English service so I shouldn't really join a different language group.

We had a bonfire out at Bowness again tonight, probably the last one of the year. It was really relaxing, except for our little run-in with the police. Just as we were getting there we got pulled over - just checking up on us, I guess. Landon told the officer he was handsome, which made us sound even more suspicious.

Well, I should really go to sleep. It's almost two
...although I do really want to finish reading Jack Kerouac's "On the Road"...

2 comments:

erin said...

doesn't reading "on the road" make you feel like sleep is the biggest waste of time, and that instead, you should be driving really fast and listening to loud, crazy jazz? or was that just me? i guess that's kinda me, all the time. nevermind.

i think you're handsome.

britt said...

It's so true.
It kind of justifies my excessive drinking of Red Bull as of late.