Monday, December 13, 2004

brown paper packages tied up with string

I sat in the chiropractor's office in one of those hot backless gowns for two hours today, reading and re-reading a poster:
"How to be a Chiropractic Artist
....adjust with your heart
...make a snow spine
...make a cake on Sept.18"
...and so on.
Then I read two issues of Alive magazine. Apparently lipstick isn't as innocent as previously thought.

It was worth it though. First, because it was free because my mom works there.
Second, because my neck feels sooo good.
And the next adjustments won't take as long. I can't wait for Wednesday.

I got a package in the mail the other day. It was a brown paper package but it wasn't tied up with string. My cousin sent me an mp3 player. I made the mistake of telling her that my discman was broken. Not that I'm complaining, it was a good mistake.

Saturday night was fantastic.
There's something to be said of low expectations.
I was invited to this party a while ago but didn't really decide to go until the day of. When Steph was telling us about it, she said that there would be no chairs or tables. Darrin asked, "What if someone just wants to talk for a while?" to which she answered, "If we wanted you to talk, we'd have a talking party."
And so we danced.
Hours of caffeine-induced maniacal dancing.
Fabulous.

Mmmhmm.





1 comment:

Serena said...

laughing out loud at my little laptop, songs strumming on the itunes... and what fun that 'dancing party' was, after the grapefruit & sumpinsumpin dash... that is