Monday, September 13, 2004

Guy Montag

It's good to be home.
Who would've guessed that one day I would think of Calgary as home...

Edmonton was pretty good.
I guess I should explain some of those pictures.

We went for a walk on the train tracks above High Level Bridge (yeah, apparently it's really called that - isn't that inventive). It was a really really long bridge (maybe they should call it that - Really Long Bridge) and quite tricky to get onto. It was like they were trying to keep people off....
oh, wait a minute... they were.

I really like the big picture at the top, of the trees. That was taken at the Legislature grounds right after Candace fell in the fountain. Well, there wasn't really a fountain. I guess it was just a pool?

On Sunday we went for another walk. Along the way, I took pictures of the trees (people just happened to be in them... ) and cut my leg on a barbed wire fence. I'm not exactly sure why I took a picture of that but I thought I'd share it.

Oddly enough, I didn't get any pictures of the actual wedding. It was a pretty small wedding, about 200 people. (Seems like Witnesses usually have huge weddings.) I did get to see some people I haven't seen in a long time - as I expected - so that was good.

It was a very musical weekend. Music was playing pretty much every waking moment, which was rad.
A lot of Face to Face and Sublime.
Ah, memories...
I realized that my music is ridiculously mellow. It makes me happy but I think I need to stock up on psych-up music.

Hang gap lai.
(See you later)


1 comment:

Serena said...

You wrote this one exactly 1 year ago. And it seems to me this was about the time that we began to meet-- I think, 'round about the Hayden concert. 1yearmybestestfriend! Lately around your calmcenter I feel like a tangled elastic-band hand-game; and note that some things a blab about on a whim are not accurate at all -but I think you know that about me. I've learned things from our deepdeep friendship, sweets. This year I expect to be occupied with this fun blogness for much too long; I gotta get bored quick! I'm really starting to enjoy your "ridiculously mellow" musical choices. I just got the internet back in my room! and I'm downloading to excess!