Sunday, June 05, 2005

I'm having trouble getting to (and staying a-) sleep lately. Four or five times each night I wake up and think crazy thoughts:
"Did that woman at the store yesterday really ask where the dried raisins were?"
"Is it weird that I am almost nineteen and I can't remember how the 'I' Before 'E' rule goes?"
- or -
"Why do I keep making new promises when I can barely live up to the ones I have already made?"

That's the Big One - the question that makes me feel ill.

Then I sink back to sleep until a song that slowly digs its way into my consciousness wakes me.
The song I love waking up to these days is Iron & Wine's cover of "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service.

1 comment:

erin said...

she sends me pictures of the ocean in an envelope, so there still is hope, yes, I can be healed, there is someone looking for what I've concealed. in my secret drawer, in my pockets deep you will find the reasons that I can’t sleep.

::bright eyes