Friday, March 04, 2005

Watership Down

I think I've taken hypochondria to a whole new level:
I think I'm a hypchondriac.

You see, I don't think a hypochondriac is really supposed to worry about hypochondria. Do you get where I'm going with this? No?
Well, anyway, I figure it's the only explanation for this barrage of obscure symptoms I've been having - it must be all in my head.
The latest on the List O' Symptoms? A stabbing pain in my head when I move!

It's getting ridiculous. Really.
I wasn't sick at all in Mexico. Everyone gets sick in Mexico. But not me, thanks to my "strong immune system". Yet, I have been sick ever since the day I got back to Canada.


Well, I have been watching more television (yeah, that's right, television. I don't like the abbrev.) which is probably why I feel so rant-y.

Did you know that a new, completely digitally re-mastered edition of Bambi is coming out? The things you learn while watching the television.
My mom said Bambi was the first movie she remembers watching and that she sobbed and sobbed for days after.

I had a similar experience with Watership Down when I was little. Did anyone else see that movie?
My parents picked it up for me. They meant well. The cheery bunny-plastered cover looked innocent enough, I'm sure. Perhaps if they had read the tagline:

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you."

Now, I was pretty young. All I can remember is that there was no pink or purple, no sparkles in this movie. The rabbits were brown and gray and needed to be cleaned. One rabbit got its ear bit off I think. And there was a map of a forest or something with blood seeping down it, I guess to show the extent of the bloodshed.
This movie (actually based on a book, I found out later) probably has vast social implications and yadda, yadda, yadda but it was definitely not 'suitable for all audiences'.
I cried and cried and cried.
And I never finished it so I still don't know if those bunnies made it out alive.

Just thought I'd share that with you.
I need to get well. As you can tell, this is making me crazy.

No comments: