Sunday, February 27, 2005

"Only the children know what they are looking for"

I don't really know where to begin so I will follow Mike's example and start from now and go backward.
My friends - the ol' gang - just left. It was the first time we hung out since I got back.
I slept all afternoon.
We went for Vietnamese food for lunch.
I went to my meeting this morning; it was the C.O.'s visit.

I got home from a party in Delburne (just outside of Red Deer. Why is it that the best parties are in the smallest towns? Toefield, Lacombe, Morningside, Delburne...) at 2:30 a.m.-ish.
Uh, I went to the party in Delburne.

Yadda, yadda, yadda... this could go on for quite some time.
Instead, I will leave you with an excerpt from The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery:


"Good morning," said the little prince.
"Good morning," said the merchant.
This was a merchant who sold pills that had been invented to quench thirst. You need only swallow one pill a week, and you would feel no need of anything to drink.
"Why are you selling those?" asked the little prince.
"Because they save a tremendous amount of time," said the merchant. "Computations have been made by experts. With these pills, you save fifty-three minutes in every week."
"And what do I do with those fifty-three minutes?"
"Anything you like . . ."
"As for me," said the little prince to himself, "if I had fifty-three minutes to spend as I liked, I should walk at my leisure toward a spring of fresh water."

No comments: