Saturday, February 19, 2005

comings and goings

So.
I didn't get murdered in Mexico City, if that is what you were thinking.
No, I am alive, well (except for this cold) and back in Canada.

Mexico City was fantastic. We didn't even scratch the surface in the short time we were there. Two nights were spent at Bethel and two nights with a family we had never met. We toured the pyramids and got stared at for being the only white people at Six Flags. And then we came home.

I was quite sad to leave Mexico City and all the amazing people we met there.
And I was sad to leave Mazatlan on Wednesday. I was fine until everyone was making plans to go out the beach just before I left and Britanny said, "see you later" and I said it too and then realized that it wasn't true.
So I cried.

I am not sad to be home, though.
I really missed my family.
It's good to have a place that is this soft and comfortable to come back to.

2 comments:

erin said...

i miss you already. and i'm not the only one. last night at rico's we agreed that it's not the same without "the little one."

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you are home safe. now we'll have to get together so you can tell me all about your trip.