Monday, July 26, 2004

terrified of telephones and shopping malls and knives

So I got out of Calgary. I went to Fernie late Saturday night, drove out to Surveyor's Lake (the camping spot of my childhood) Sunday morning and spent the day on the beach with Erin and her family. The weather was gorgeous. We walked around the lake and found a rope swing into the water. My arms hurt today. Stupid rope swing.
Erin has invited me to go to Mexico in December. She is going in November with some people (an older couple and their friend) and they are renting a villa in Mazatlan. Erin is hoping to get some people to come down so that when everyone else leaves, she can keep the villa for another month or so.
Anyway, the trip was really good. Good but short. The only really bad thing that happened was on the way there, we hit a moose. Those things are huge! I was sleeping in the back of the car and I thought we hit a truck. It was okay though, somehow. It was stunned for a minute and then it walked off the road. I'm so glad it didn't die or get seriously hurt because I think I would have cried my eyes out.

No comments: