Thursday, July 01, 2004

good-bye teeth #18, 28, 38, and 48

I will especially miss #28.
I got all my wisdom teeth out yesterday. I wasn't really worried about it and as it turned out, i didn't need to be. Maybe it was all the valium, or the pain reliever injection, or the really strong motrin or the tylenol three. I'm pretty sure my dentist used to be a drug dealer. Anyway, it still doesn't hurt at all, so that's good.
In other news, i am reading my sixth John Steinbeck novel. This one is Cannery Row. If you haven't read any Steinbeck, here is a sample. This is a description of a beloved doctor.
"Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom. His mind had no horizon - and his sympathy had no warp. He could talk to children, telling them very profound things so that they understood. He lived in a world of wonders, of excitement. He was concupiscent as a rabbit and gentle as hell..."
I heart John Steinbeck. Read anything by him. I highly recomment East of Eden, but anybook will do.

No comments: