Sunday, April 24, 2005

She's only happy in the sun

Attention, all you who yearn for an update on the exhilarating subject on what I like to call "My Life":


Things are pretty rad.

I had an especially good weekend and I feel the urge to share it with you. I worked Friday (hurrah!) and then I was dragged out to a late movie. A lame movie, but a laughable one. Thus began my weekend intrigue... (I'm trying to create a little suspense to make you keep reading. Is it working?) So after a meager (or 'meagre', if you will) 5 hours of sleep, I went in early morning service. Keep in mind that I love sleep. It's one of my very favorite things.
So I went out in service and then headed straight to work in the afternoon. When that horrid task was accomplished I was, however, able to enjoy the fruits of my labor (I'm doing liquor demos and I got to bring some home).
Then I thought a little nap would be really nice....

But Serena called. We decided to go get coffee instead. Then, my blood crawling with pure vanilla-latte-goodness, we thought we'd give Kristian a scare. Serena's Jetta (his name is Car-car) was filled with all the ingredients necessary for a good spook (you know - branches, masking tape, wooden planks, bongo drum, ketchup...) and this idea gave us several hours of enjoyment.

When we finally revealed ourselves as the geniuses behind the scare (whichI think, admittedly, scared us more than him), Kristian kindly invited us in for chai.
We phoned Jord too, who was apparently sleeping but came over anyway.

Then we had a really great opening-up session.
It wasn't on a roof in Mexico, but it was good.

All of a sudden it was about 4 am.
So I went home, slept until 9, went to my meeing at 10 and then made a really fantastic decision.
I decided not to go to work.

Instead, we went for lunch. Thin crust BBQ chicken pizza... mmm hmm.

Then I spent my afternoon away, curled up in my backyard with a sleeping bag. I had a lines-on-my-face-good nap.

This would be a good time to mention that Nate and Jay are bringing back the hackey-sack, making quite the noble effort. There were people hacking in my backyard all afternoon while I slept and listened to their great music.

The moral of the story is... well, enjoy your moments in the sun. Or, no, maybe it's "sleep outside -it's really great". Or, "hackey-sacks are soo making a comeback".

Or, perhaps, "call in sick - you look like you need a 'mental health day' ".

1 comment:

erin said...

three cheers for the 'mental health day.' i took one today too. it involved the park, my blanket, and a book. and a 25 degree sunny spring day.